Windows, Siding and Trim Painting
Preparing A Surface For Painting
Proper surface preparation is essential for a top quality paint finish. The main causes for paint failure are:
At Commercial Painting and Renovations Ltd. we use only the best quality paint available on the market. Good paint offers excellent colour retention as well as protection from:
- Incomplete or improper surface preparation.
- Improper fittings around house (ie. failed caulking) permitting moisture to seep into openings.
- Wood touching moist ground.
- Poor ventilation.
- Painting over damp surfaces.
- Poor quality paint or improper mixing of paint.
- Careless application.
- An unpredictable environment.
- Damaging weather.
- Sunlight and ultraviolet radiation (UV).
- Water and moisture.
- Ice and snow.
- High humidity.
- Drastic temperature changes.
Step by Step Procedure for Painting
Windows, Siding and Trim
- Scrape and remove all paint from window sill and sash.
- Remove and replace existing caulking between glass and window sash.
- Remove and replace old caulking between brick and window frames as required.
- Seal/caulk all cracks or openings where water might enter.
- Sand all areas to be painted for good adhesion and excellent finish. Spot prime all exposed wood.
- Notify owner/manager of any wood that needs replacement in writing prior to commencement of painting.
- Cover and protect all unpainted areas such as plants, personal items, etc.
- Apply finish coats as required to achieve a high quality finish.
Because of our extreme climate changes and difficult Canadian winters choosing the right paint for each surface is essential. We need superior adhesion and flexibility in a paint like Premium 100% Acrylic Latex.
All work is guaranteed under warranty for 4 years, contact us today for your next exterior painting project.